Sunday, April 23, 2017

Fitness and Fashion - Conference Looks and Workout Leggings

Happy new week!
Today I'm bringing you a quick post about two things I'm currently obsessed with - Conference/Interview looks and fitness. 
Since I have been interviewing and networking for jobs Post-PhD, I've been really looking at pretty dresses that can be worn during the hotter spring/summer months as well as some really pretty floral prints. I found these three on SheIn - and they fit right in with my current grad student budget. They are long enough and stylish to be acceptable for conferences, networking, and perhaps a more casual interview, when paired with a blazer. 

I have also been so into fitness clothes lately as my life has revolved around working out in order to help deal with stress of dissertation writing, planning March for Science LA, blogging, experiments, and everything else that I have on my plate! As I mentioned in my previous post, I started doing doubles after finishing two months of an insanity program, and I have been seeing really great results!
As a grad student, the last year and a half of making my health (both physical and mental) has been such a great relief and helped me feel more like a normal human being. I have made working out like a required meeting with myself, because without my health, I can't do everything that I want to be doing! I'm also always motivated by new workout clothes, especially affordable and cute leggings. I've been digging mesh panels too, as they allow a peak of skin! Take a look, and they're at a great price.

Conference Looks
Black Scallop Off The Shoulder Ruffle Dress Navy Flower Print Cutout Back Pleated Dress Multicolor Floral Cutout Sleeveless Shift Dress




Fitness Leggings
Black Contrast Print Hem Crop Leggings Black Contrast Trim Crisscross Mesh Back Leggings Color Block Mesh Insert Leggings


What do you think about these dresses and leggings from SheIn?
Do you have any upcoming interviews/conferences/formal events you need some inspiration for? Do let me know in the comments below what are some of your staple pieces!
Also, what are your go-to places for fitness gear? I love brands like GapFit, Nike, etc., but I can't afford to buy multiple pieces from them often because of price! So I have been finding smaller brands like from SheIn and BooHoo Fit.
xo Andrea




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. The floral dresses are super cute, and I love the leggings with the see through mesh "cut outs". Adorable!! :)

    xo, Sarah
    Hustla, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making working out like a required meeting works.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig