Saturday, March 1, 2014

Casual Birthday Outfit by RoseGal!

Two days ago was my birthday! I finally hit 25.... I can't believe I am officially in my mid-twenties. I feel like I turned 20 not too long ago. I had a busy week of protein purification, and Thursday was not an exception. I had a lot of work to do, harvesting cells and running gels. Although I did "sleep in" an extra 45 minutes and got in to work a little later than I usually have this past week. I also dressed up seeing as it was my birthday and I had plans for a birthday dinner with my boyfriend! :) I wore something that is acceptable to wear to lab, but can also be dressy enough for dinner, since I ended up working until 7:30pm when we had a dinner reservation at 8! Easy transition.

I decided to wear this dress I received from Rosegal.com a couple of days ago! It is a little preppy but cute, and I was able to dress it to my own style! Alta from Rosegal contacted me last month about picking an item from their site to send to me to review, and let me tell you, there is a GREAT selection of items! They have a lot of vintage style clothing, which are really cute, in addition to other very stylish dresses, tops, skirts, and accessories! And the best part was that a lot of these things were under 20 dollars with free shipping!



I had a really hard time deciding what to get. I swear, I took like a week going back and forth on what I wanted to order before I finally decided on this dress, a Sleeveless Scoop Neck Checked Pattern dress with Stitching Diamante Necklace, that was about $17! I was going to order another dressier dress that I can wear out to a club or a bar, but since I have been so busy with work, I haven't had much time to go out lately. So, I decided on a dress I can wear to work! Of course, I needed to wear leggings with it since our lab safety rules require full coverage of legs and closed toed shoes, but it was still really cute, and then I could dress it up by removing the leggings and changing shoes!

The dress has a really cute stitched necklace, and it is very pretty and classy! I also wore these small booties I got from an Aldo outlet last year, they were about 35$. They matched perfectly with my outfit and were comfortable enough to walk around all day at work!

The dress took a little while to get to me, but it was only because I had ordered it right before the Chinese New Year/festival, which I was aware of, and I had problems with delivery from the post office (the post office had been holding my delivery notices for multiple packages -- very frustrating!). But I had finally received it this past week and was very excited!

The dress itself was a good fit! I had to order a size large because of the measurements, I needed a large for the bust, but it was a little big in the waist, but it wasn't too big of a problem. The length was perfect and I wasn't worried about anything showing when I removed the leggings!

The boyfriend and I went to Brazilian BBQ - Fogo de Chao in Beverly Hills, and it was AMAZING. so much steak!!! and sooooo good. When we were leaving to get our car from the Valet, we noticed there were so many expensive cars parked right in front of the restaurant -- a Ferrari, BMW, Bentley, Porsche, Mercedes .... so it was a pretty upscale place.


What do you think of this outfit?!

xo Andrea


*Disclaimer: Rosegal sent me this dress to review, but all of the opinions expressed are my own -- I was not paid anything to review this item. I chose a dress that represented my style, and I would always give truthful opinions!



SHARE:

7 comments

  1. AHH I'm so mad, I wrote the longest comment earlier and then my internet connection crapped out. LOL. Anyway, Happy belated Birthday!! :) It sounds like you had an amazing birthday. I love your birthday outfit, it's adorable. The dress and booties are SO cute!! I've been getting into booties a lot more lately. They're a nice way to dress up an outfit a little more while still being comfortable. :)

    xo, Sarah
    Hustla, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we initially looked at the picture we thought you were wearing a skirt, but then realized it was a dress!! What a cute design, we're obsessed with the checkered print. this dress definitely fit you perfectly! Happy belated bday:)

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. The booties are so cute and stylish!

    http://bellapummarola.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!
    Mafalda ❤
    http://mafaldadotzero.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bumped into your blog and after scrolling through your posts, I must say I really like it , especially when I know you're also a PhD :) How about we follow each other? :)

    Kisses from Zurich,
    K.

    http://beneaththecoat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is gorgeus !

    esfashionup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig