Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Black and White - Bringing back a Strapless Sundress

Hello loves!
It has been quite a great trip so far, and I am happy to be able to kick back and relax, away from the lab! Sometimes you need to take a break to be able to come back and be more efficient and active!

Today I am trying to survive the heat of Cyprus by wearing another dress to keep cool! I am bringing back a strapless sundress from many years ago, with this paisley black and white print strapless dress from American Eagle Outfitters. I haven't shopped there in the last year or two, mainly because I don't go to the mall as much, and I think my fashion taste has evolved a bit, but I saw this dress in my closet when I was moving and figured I would bring it back! Only thing is I have to wear a strapless bra, which I don't usually like, but for this style its worth it! And once again I am recycling accessories I have styled before, but they really help pull together a great outfit! The purse is a wallet purse that I have worn before, by Franco Sarto, a necklace that I got from Walmart for 5 dollars and never wore because I didn't know what to wear with, and the strappy sandals I have worn with so many outfits - that I got in Hawaii! These are really the perfect sandals because they match well with everything! So less shoes to pack! And they don't hurt your feet (unless you are standing for hours!).



Dress: American Eagle Outfitters | Necklace: Walmart | Purse: Franco Sarto | Sandals: Local Store Waikiki | Sunglasses: Gift shop | Bangles: Gift | 

I have been wearing this dress to a few beach parties over my swim suit, it is perfectly light and doesn't get dirty (it hides it well!), and its great to wear to the beach or even to a beach cafe in the evening! It is such a casual dress, I love how it can be dressed up or down!

What do you think? Would you wear this to the beach and out with friends? When you are going to a beach bar or cafe, would you wear a casual strapless dress? Have you shopped/bought any dresses from American Eagle ? What's your favorite sun dress shop?

Let me know in the comments below!

And as always, be sure to follow my travels on my INSTAGRAM! #phdfashionistatravels #phdtravels

xoxo
Andrea











SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Beach parties, so good! And Cyprus must be amazing! You look totally lovely and beautiful with this dress, it's so good when we "find" things again, and you "met" with the dress again while moving! And more, a necklace for $5? How cool is that? And it looks great! I liked the sandals as well, and as I said, you look so beautiful! I hope you enjoy vacations, and that you come home really refreshed!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling this dress fabulous on you
    I posted a new OUTFIT, I'd love to know your opinion
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    a big kiss
    <<< fashion blogger Pamela Soluri >>>
    I wish you an happy day
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking lovely, Andrea! A dress like this is a timeless summertime classic to treasure for years to come. I adore those shoes, too. Hugs! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful!!! I love the shoes, absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you accessorized this look - that necklace is amazing!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so beautiful. Love your shoes.

    XoXo
    Valentina | DAILY SUIT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Andrea! How are you girl! Thanks so much for the sweet comments you left me and apologize for not visiting sooner. I have been super crazy busy and the two weeks I was in Italy I barely had time to visit blogs but here I am again!!!! I am actually on my way back to FL connected via gogo in flight wifi and catching up with my blog friends. Anyways, recycling clothing is the way to go and perhaps it gives us the opportunity to be creative and avoid buying what we don't really need. That dress is super pretty and the necklace goes perfect with it. You are looking beautiful as always and I hope you are getting to enjoy some time for yourself after studying so hard:-) Have an amazing week sweet girl. XOXO, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhecloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfectly styled Andrea! I love the print and style of the dress. Looks gorgeous on you! The necklace and sandals look great with it. Glad you're feeling refreshed :) It shows! We all need that!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely dress girl, good you made use of the necklace!! It is good to experiment with different dresses, this one is surely a good one for you, since its light, your comfortable and a good beach wear for you. Goodday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're enjoying your trip to Spain! Hugs, Andrea! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the dress. You look stunning as always <3

    - Adi xxo
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig