Monday, September 12, 2016

Fashion and Fitness - Couch to 5K with Boohoo!

Happy Monday!
Mondays are always a good day to start a new page in your fitness and health journey! Whenever I start a new training program, I always start on a Monday! If you haven't already noticed from my previous posts, I've been so into working out and living a healthy lifestyle lately. I literally have been living in my gym clothes, to the point where I have been wearing my workout leggings to work, because they are so comfy! When I did my laundry, I noticed 95% of my dirty clothes were all workout gear!! So I was really excited when I got the opportunity to check out another line of new workout clothing from BoohooFIT!
I was so excited when I received my items, a whole outfit that included a sports bra, top, and workout leggings for less than  £30 (about $30)! Can you believe that?! I ordered the Saskia Rainbow elastic hem sports bra (HERE), the Malkah Neon highlight sports running leggings in pink/orange (HERE) and the Lara Fit Sweat Squad Running Vest (HERE). The shirt I LOVED the quote, I've been really into cute quote shirts, and I didn't realize that the back had a cute strap running up the back - and it's cut like a muscle tee, so you really have to wear something underneath it (like the sports bra!). The running leggings were so soft and comfortable! They were super flexible. The sports bra had enough support for me which is what I needed, and a cute rainbow band that I just loved! I loved the way the outfit looked and the bra peeked from underneath!


Boohoo was also kind enough to send me this really cute Bobble Infuse bottle, that you can use with a water filter, or add fruits in the little insert and let them infuse your water with fruit flavor! How cute! I have been wanting to try strawberry or cucumber water, or other flavored water, and this is the perfect bottle to use and try that! Using a reusable water bottle is so important for me, I carry water around everywhere so I am always hydrated, and it reduces waste from about 300 plastic bottles! I'm really excited to start using this bottle!
Boohoo also sent me this little MP3 player and headphones - perfect for running and playing my running Spotify Playlist! So I have the complete outfit and accessories needed for a run!

I have been wanting to get back into running, if you remember last year I trained for a 10K and I haven't really done any running since then! I have been lifting weights and doing cardio, so I think I am in good shape, but my muscles are tight and I need to build up endurance! So in addition to having the correct outfit and accessories, you also have to prepare your muscles to avoid injury. To get back into running, Here is a list of stretches to do before or after your run, to help sooth your muscles and help with your recovery!

1. Quad Stretch
2. Dancer's stretch (extension of the quad stretch, only do this if you are ok with the quad stretch and have the hip flexibility!)
3. Warrior I (similar to lunge)
4. Hamstring stretch
5. Calf Stretch
6. Lunge/hip flexor stretch
7. Tricep stretch over the head







What do you think about this workout outfit? Have you heard of Boohoo before? Would you consider trying their new Boohoo FIT line? 
What do you look for in fitness clothes? Have you thought about training for a race or even just to get in shape? New workout clothes always help with motivation... I know they do for me! If you need any help with accountability, don't hesitate to send me and email and we can chat! (labcoatsandlegday @ gmail . com or andrea @ phdfashionista . com)

Do let me know your thoughts about this outfit, I love hearing your comments!

Have a wonderful week ahead!

xo

Andrea

Disclaimer: I was sent items for a review of BoohooFIT items, but all opinions are 100% my own!

Photo credit: T. M. Lawson

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I really like boohoo they do fantastic selection and also I think running around the lab counts as a hardcore exercise;) You look fantastic!

    www.hairwonderfulday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute outfit! I always start everything on Mondays :)

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Sweat Squad on the top, dear Andrea. You really are living in your workout outfits, no doubt, and this is so good! I loved the pictures and you do look great, I think I can see the results of working out! I wish I were like that :( or at least, that I lived closer to you, to get motivation :( I do confess, not that I am lazy, but I like dancing, though I would love working out like you do, but I can't see me doing that... or maybe, I need posts like yours for motivation! You do look gorgeous, I hope you are fine and that you enjoy the rest of the week!HUgs, dear Andrea!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea! my favourite of the look has to be the pants!! I like the neon detail on the sides, neon in general puts me in a workout mood, So most of my workout clothes consist in bright colours ! I couldn't live in them though haha, I keep my workout clothes from regular apart, but living in a big city I do find myself wearing my nikes more often to get around the city! anyway, you are looking good!! that photo showing off your arms are goals to me haha! I seriously should do some more lifting, all I do is cardio :/

    x Have a great weekend!
    ♥ Josune @ Your Beauty Script

    http://yourbeautyscript.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 5'4" and 160lbs, so I ordered a large and they fit great. I usually wear a medium in other activewear brands, but since compression pants tend to be pretty snug, I sized up. Work out leggings fits very well - excellent price

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. images

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig