Saturday, June 1, 2013

Happy Happy June! Officially a PhD Candidate!!

Happy news everyone!
I passed my PhD Orals Qualifying Exam!
I am officially a PhD candidate! WooooHoo!
This was probably one of the most stressful academic experiences I have ever had!
I had to come up with a 10,000 word proposal on a topic I am not doing research on, and then do an oral presentation in front of a committee of 5 professors (thats 5 PhDs right there!) It was a little more than intimidating!!!! I was SUPER stressed this whole month of May leading up to my exam (which is why I have a lack of posts this past month). But now I AM BACK! Sorry for the slight break! I really needed it to keep focused and pass!


Anyway, onto the fashion related things, today I wore a pretty formal business dress, it was a white chiffon top with a beige high waisted skirt, it was really cute. I wore black flats with it because it was the only comfortable pair of flat shoes I could wear. I had these beige suede heels from Zara I bought a few months ago but I was going to be running around/standing for hours and it would not be favorable.
After I passed (!!!!) I went to a rooftop bar at a hotel on Venice Beach.... it was AMAZING. we had a table reserved, we had a view of the beach, and we were able to see the sun set. Tonight was such a great night and I finally was able to enjoy the night without any stress!!
I ordered this swim suit from Beachbunnyswimwear.com, I have been eyeing their suits for a while, and they are having a sale, so I figured I would just buy a suit, try it on when I receive it, and see how I feel about it. I can always return it! Kind of expensive (141$ for the suit) but it looks worth it, so cute! I'll let you know how I feel about it when I receive it!
I was a little hesitant to order a swimsuit now, but since it is the beginning of summer (Its already June 1st!) I figured why not. Also, since I have been working out/eating healthy, I have lost about 10 lbs since January, so of course my boobs got smaller ( I'm seriously sad about this, but what can I do :(  ) So I wasn't sure what size top to get but I went with the medium and hope it fits!
Heres a picture of it! Hope it looks good on me!
xoxo A





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig