Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New Year's Eve Glam





What to wear this New Year's Eve??

Whether you are going to a chic bar or club or just keeping it low-key at a friend's party or even just at home,  it's always a nice excuse to dress up!



The Outfit
This year (like every year), I am loving sequins and sparkles! There are so many dresses out there that offer sequins (black or white, full or half of the dress) that can add glam to any occasion! Here are some that I found and fell in love with (granted, they might be really expensive but you can always find similar dresses at Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, etc. ! A dress is nice because it is versatile and you can wear tights or leggings underneath for an extra layer of warmth!
You also don't have to stick to dresses, there are so many outfits out there that you can match up that will still be fabulous with sequins! I have always wanted sequined shorts or leggings! Match these with a simple top and you are ready to go!


New Year's Eve Glam


The Shoes
I am in love with strappy heels, booties or pointy heels for this holiday season! You can wear knee high boots as well with these outfits, but how about showing some sexy leg with heels! 
I have been looking for strappy black heels for a while now! I love the lace up boots as well, I found a similar pair from Zara I fell in love with but couldn't find a reason to wear them -- but now thinking about it I could totally wear on New Year's Eve! 

The Bag
A matching (or accent) bag is a must have piece to complete your outfit! I fell in love with these bags when I was making this board, but being designer bags I really can't afford the steep price tag! But a girl can dream right?? I love this leopard print YSL bag, and those Michael Kors bags I've been wanting, so nice!

The Hair
I usually wear my hair curly for New Year's Eve, and this year won't be any different! I love romantic, loose curls, I would just use less hairspray this time to give myself looser curls! Using a 1 inch curling iron or a curling wand, you can achieve the same look! 

The Makeup
I love creating Glam makeup looks using my Naked2 Palette! Shades of silver and black to make a really romantic glam smokey eye! Of course complemented with some black liquid liner and sultry lashes using a lot of mascara. For the lips - I want a deep red lipstick or gloss. If you think red is too much with the dramatic eyes, then you can always go for a nude shade to complete your look!


What are you wearing this New Year's Eve?? Let me know in the comments! 

xo A

Fancy a Follow? 


Get the Look:

RED Valentino dress
$1,715 - farfetch.com


Zipper back dress
ricketyrack.com


Pieces black cocktail dress
$86 - pieces.com


Sweetheart dress
fallfor.com


Black dress
ustrendy.com


Forever New black tank top
$49 - forevernew.com.au


Peplum top
$20 - wearall.com


Black pants
ustrendy.com


Parisian scalloped shorts
$19 - newlook.com


Christian louboutin shoes
$660 - net-a-porter.com



BCBGeneration slip on shoes
bcbgeneration.com


Forever New high heel shoes
$16 - forevernew.com.au


Forever New nude shoes
$41 - forevernew.com.au


Pieces high heel pumps
$115 - pieces.com


Charlotte Russe high heel boots
charlotterusse.com


Chanel black purse
madisonavenuecouture.com


Yves Saint Laurent brown handbag
$2,560 - selfridges.com


Anya Hindmarch clutch
theoutnet.com



Kate spade purse
couture.zappos.com




Urban decay eyeshadow
sephora.com


Nars cosmetic
neimanmarcus.com


Urban Decay red lipstick
urbandecay.com




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I am adoring these fab NYE inspirations! I hope to go semi-casual tomorrow eve, but I'm adding a pair of sparkly heels and a silver clutch. :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The them all, so beautiful.. www.fashionphases.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely ideas for a celebratory eve! I went somewhat casual this year, but I did add some silver and sparkle. :) Hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig