Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Years Resolutions

Happy New Year everyone!
I am still trying to recover from the holidays and traveling! I had a pretty relaxing time at home in Boston, but I still feel like I need to recover. My travel back to LA took about 12 hours, because I had flights with connections, and then when I arrived home, my friends threw a New Year's Eve party at my place! It was a blast, full of yummy food and drinks and great company!
I am still trying to catch up on my sleep and I'm battling a sore throat (first time I have gotten sick in a while!), but it is back to work tomorrow!
Here are my resolutions/goals for this year!


1. UPDATE AT LEAST 2X A WEEK 
My resolution to YOU, my readers, is to try to update at least 2 times a week, bringing you outfit posts, latest fashions, fashion hauls, makeup posts, etc. more frequently! I hope to post guaranteed on Mondays and Thursdays, with an extra post on a random day if I have enough time!

2. POST A YOUTUBE VIDEO ONCE A MONTH
I want to start getting into making youtube videos by doing makeup tutorials or video reviews once a month! I will see how much I can get to this, because I am usually very busy with school and lab, but I put it here to make me accountable! :)


3. BE HAPPY.
I have a tendency to get a little negative sometimes, especially when I work long hours in the lab. It gets frustrating working so many hours and feeling like you don't see results or the rewards right away. I am trying to work less hours while being more productive, and setting aside some "me-time" so I don't get burnt out so fast! I also am trying to look on the bright side of things. I really enjoy blogging so I want to make some time out of my work day to blog!

4. TAKE BETTER CARE OF MY SKIN
I have neglected to take care of my skin the past couple of months, and in turn I feel like my face has had a lot more breakouts, redness, blackheads, and scarring. I made a resolution to take better care of my skin by washing my face every night using a cleanser, pore refining toner, and a moisturizer! I started last night and can already see a slight difference in my skin!

5. CREATE A DIY COLLECTION OF LOOKS USING MY MAKEUP PALETTES
I love creating new eye makeup looks, and I hope to create a collection of tutorials for eye makeup looks using my makeup palettes from Urban Decay! I hope to start a Eye Makeup Tutorial series this year!

6. EAT HEALTHY
Not Fashion or beauty related, but I am trying to start the new year out right by eating a lot of veggies and lean meats! I kind of fell off the track when I was eating healthy and I started eating out a lot -- I can tell I gained some weight, and I also have been spending a lot of money on eating out and buying groceries. I am limiting myself to eating out only once a week, and cooking for every other meal! I am also trying to eat lots and lots of veggies and nutritious meals! By cooking and eating healthy, I hope to save more money!

7. YOGA AND STRENGTH TRAINING
Again, not fashion or beauty related, but I am trying to get more exercise in. I used to work out 5 times a week, and then I lost my motivation. I found that I was getting super stressed out and anxious at work, and it was mainly because I didn't have an outlet to release my stress. I was always too tired from working long days to go to the gym. I want to do a 30 minute yoga video each morning, and try to fit in a strength workout at night. Even if I am too tired at night to go to the gym and do strength training, I would have already done some type of workout already, so I won't feel bad!

8. WORK WITH MORE BRANDS IN 2015! 
I really want to work with more brands in 2015! I have been lucky enough to work with a couple of brands this past year, and my blog has gotten a lot better in the last few months after upgrading my camera and meeting so many people/bloggers! I hope to work even more to bring more quality fashion and beauty to my readers by working with more brands that I love! I also am trying to reach out to brands as well, instead of waiting for them to reach out to me!


These are my major resolutions for both my blog and for my own personal life! 
Do you have any major resolutions for 2015? Goodluck! Let me know in the comments below!

xo Andrea


SHARE:

14 comments

  1. What inspiring goals for 2015! Like you, I want to do more yoga in 2015. Hopefully, I'll get to class on Tuesday night this week. :) Hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! What a goal! :) Me too! I want to try making videos for my youtube channel and to lose weight as well :) i really miss my curves already, I have to get rid of my post natal tummy. :) By the way, I would love to reaching out to brands as well, do you have any idea on how to do that? I hope you can help me out as well :) by the way following your blog now through bloglovin' and google +, and also liked your fb page :)
    xoxo
    www.switbbydoll.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great New Year Resolutions!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New year!!!!
    Www.mrsnoone.it
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such amazing resolutions.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Andrea! Love all your goals and I have no doubt you will achieve them all! It is a pleasure meeting you and may this year be filled with everything your heart and soul desires. I went ahead and liked your FB page with my personal account. Mine is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ms-Jeannie-And-Her-Closet/756522487703349 in case you want to like it:-) I also followed you on IG. Have a blessed day! Hope you are feeling much better. XOXO, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute your blog and really very special and elegant, as well as there are lots of useful tips, thank you, congratulations, I love it !!
    Best wishes for the holidays past ☺
    See you soon and good start to the week !!
    www.Coccinellecreative.blogspot.com
    www.Coccinellecreative.com
    www.Nonnasaggia.blogspot.com
    www.Creativaincucina.blogspot.com
    www.Frasipersempre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty awesome goals you have! The taking care of my skin is also something I wanted to do last year and it worked! Less breakouts (yay!). And I really hope you can get more of that me-time :) It's so so important.

    x Aurélie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great resolutions, wishing you luck in achieving them, and happy new years :)
    Btw, I'm a fashion/beauty blogger, would you like to follow each other on bloglovin and google+? Let me know!

    Suzy
    pret-tea.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great resolutions! Good luck! Btw do you mind following each other on bloglovin? Just let me know.
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great resolutions keep up the good work! :) xo~ Lena
    www.felinecreatures.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great NY resolutions!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you have some wonderful resolutions for 2015!! My biggest resolution is to establish a super solid routine so that I can utilize my time better. It's currently a work in progress. hehe

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you all the best this 2015!!!

    Much love!
    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig