Saturday, January 24, 2015

Transition Wear - Lab to Night out

I recently went out for dinner for DineLA week at this AMAZING sushi place called Sugarfish. It was sooo delicious, totally worth the price! I had a pretty busy day in lab so I knew I wouldn't have time to go home to change before the dinner reservation with friends, so I wore an outfit I knew I could easily transition from day to night!

Transition Wear - Lab to Night out

Transition Wear - Lab to Night out by andreah227 featuring kate spade jewelry



I wore this burgundy/maroon dress I got from H&M (similar shown here) for about $12, that was really flattering. It was similar shape to these dresses shown here. 

For day time: I wore black leggings under the dress so it would be lab appropriate (must cover legs), and I paired them with some black ankle booties that were comfy enough to walk around all day! I matched it with a simple black necklace and some black studded earrings (again, similar shown here). I have a big black tote bag that I carry my gym clothes, lunch, and other random things to work. I would LOVE to get a Michael Kors bag, but too expensive for me on a grad student salary!

For night time: I removed the leggings and switched to some over the knee boots, a chunky black necklace with some gold, some dangly earrings and a black clutch (all similar shown here). 
It was a really cute, sultry outfit, perfect for a night out and dinner with friends at a posh little sushi place!

This dress style is very versatile, and I love the burgundy color this season!
What do you think? Do you ever wear outfits you can easily transition if you don't have time to go home to change?

xo Andrea



H&M black pants
$19 - hm.com


Ankle boots
blackfive.com


Over the knee boots
urbanog.com




Alexis Bittar white earrings
alexisbittar.com


Kate spade jewelry
$300 - nordstrom.com




Vintage necklace
wigsbuy.com

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Your outfit looks great! :) Btw how do you make this collage? I'm somehow curios!
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boots! *-*
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore these day-to-eve transitions! Sounds like you had a fab time. :) My youngest son is working on his PhD, too--his is in biomedical engineering; so, he works in a lab--just like you do--while getting his grad degree. :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Great post and I really love your lab style. Super chic and fun.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig