Monday, February 16, 2015

Makeup Monday - Makeup Brush Kit Review from Tmart.com

Hello loves!
Welcome to another week of my Makeup Monday series, this time for a review for a Makeup Brush Set I was gifted from Tmart.com. I have been looking around for a complete makeup brush set, especially now that I am a lot more serious about my makeup (for both eye makeup and foundation/face makeup). I had been looking on Sephora's website for an affordable makeup brush set but every set that had the brushes I wanted were super expensive! (I'm talking like $100+!) Can't really afford that right now, so I was delighted when Tmart contacted me to review this specific item!

This 24 piece Professional Cosmetic Makeup Brush set (FC0407006), found HERE, is the perfect set for me! It came in this really pretty pink leather case that folded up nicely, making it compact and easy to travel with! When I opened it, it has a leather flap that folds over the brushes, keeping them safe! Opening the flap, I was super excited to see a complete set of brushes, ranging from brushes for eyebrows/eyelashes, to eyeshadow, to lips, to face! Perfect! and the hairs were really pretty, with pink tips for some of them.

This is what the website says the package comes with:


  • 3 x Blush Brush
  • 8 x Eyeshadow Brush
  • 1 x Lip Brush
  • 1 x Brow Brush
  • 1 x Eyelining Brush
  • 1 x Eyelash Comb (Round)
  • 1 x Eyelash Comb (Flat)1 x Fan Brush
  • 2 x Powder Brush
  • 4 x Imminent Amphibious Brush
  • 1 x Sponge Applicator

I found that the kit had different kinds of eyeshadow brushes, for example, a blending brush, crease brush, eye shadow application brush, etc., for a total of 8 eyeshadow brushes.  There is one large blush brush, a foundation brush, concealer brush, and more!
The complete set of brushes!
Eyelash/eyebrow brush, Spoolie Brush, and two shadow sponge applicator brushes
Eyeliner brush, angled liner brush, small rounded liner brushes
Small smudged brushes, concealer brush, small concealer brush

Small fan brush

Flat shadow brush, eye shadow brushes (crease, blending and plain shadow brushes)

Foundation brush, Large angled Blush Brush, Small blush brush, and a Powder Brush 

Large Fan brush


A view of the size/handles of the brushes

These brushes form a complete set for all of your makeup needs! I was surprised at the quality of the brushes! They are sturdy, but still lightweight. For the price they are on Tmart.com (Around $15), I was expecting much cheaper brushes, but these seem just as sturdy as some more expensive brushes I have bought from Smashbox and Sephora! They are also really comfortable to hold, and the brush hairs are super soft! I was happy with the quality of the hairs, as they are really soft and not coarse like some cheaper makeup brush sets, and they don't fall out! The black aluminum base connects the hairs to the handle, and it is a very sturdy design! The leather case is really high quality, and fits all of the brushes perfectly! 

The only negative thing I have to say about these brushes is that they aren't numbered, and being new to figuring out what brush does what, I had a hard time identifying the brushes, so I had to do some googling. But other than that, I was pretty satisfied with this set! Some people online complained that these brushes smelled, but I didn't notice any smell with the brushes, and if there was, it was really slight. The website even says if the brushes smell it comes from the way they clean the hairs, and to just wash them before first use.

Shipping was relatively fast, I got them within 2.5 weeks, which isn't fast but it also isn't bad, seeing as they are shipping from China. I believe shipping is free worldwide, and Tmart processes/ships within 24 hours. They also have other types of products, not just makeup products, so do give their site a look. I personally haven't ordered anything else from their site so I cannot comment on other products.

Overall, I'm really happy with my first complete Makeup brush set, Thanks to Tmart.com! I have saved a lot of money since I was originally going to order a set from Sephora that would've cost me a fortune. This is definitely an amazing starter kit and even good for intermediate makeup gurus, so I would definitely recommend this product! I can't wait to complete makeup looks using this complete set! And, seeing as I will be doing some traveling soon, I will have a compact kit to take with me! 


Thanks for reading! 

Do you have any makeup brush sets you are in love with? Any one specific brand in mind that you use? I know a lot of people love MAC specific brushes or some other nice brands, let me know in the comments below! I'm always up for trying new brands and brushes!


xo Andrea

Follow me on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER


*Disclaimer: I was kindly gifted this kit from Tmart for review! All opinions are 100% my own and not influenced in any way!*

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. What a huge no of brushes just in one kit, right these days i am using vega makeup brush kit but this gonna be my next makeup kit for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to buy a similar brush kit, but I wasn't so sure about the quality!
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig