Friday, September 25, 2015

What I wore - #VFSC and the Green MotelRocks Dress

Happy Friday!
This post is a little late on a Friday but I wanted to post it and not wait until next week!
I wore this green dress from MotelRocks, that has been sitting in my closet for a few years now, to the Vanity Fair Social Club event last weekend that I have been talking about! I was tired of things in my closet and wanted something new (seems like I have to go shopping soon and clean out my closet!), and I pulled out this dress that I haven't worn before! I used to be obsessed with MotelRocks, and they are a contributing reason for why I started my blog back in 2012 - I was ordering a lot of clothes from their site (and I had a code for 20% off, not sure if it still works but it's worth a shot! Andreah227), so it was kinda cool to have a brand that I loved! I got a free dress from them once too for winning a competition (now that I think of it I haven't worn that either!).
I am trying to go through my closet and drawers and clean out clothes that I haven't worn in a while, to make space for new clothes. My style is always evolving, and as I'm approaching my late 20s (I'm going to be 27 in February... crap!), I want a more polished style! 
This dress was a color block dress that I really liked, with a more loose top, and I paired it with a green statement necklace along with some comfortable sandals/heels that I have worn before. I knew I was going to be at VFSC for the whole afternoon and I wanted some comfortable shoes while still stylish!


Dress: Motel Rocks | Sandals: Local Store in Hawaii | Necklace: Charlotte Russe | Bracelet: Gift from Turkey and Cyprus | Ring: Barcelona shop

Do you have any plans for the weekend? I am working on campus tomorrow morning for a few hours and then hopefully working out (I am committed to getting back in shape, a run yesterday showed me how out of shape I am!). And then also hanging out with my boyfriend and some friends.

What do you think of this color block dress? Do you have anything similar? Have you heard of MotelRocks before?  What is your favorite pair of heels/sandals that are comfortable? Let me know in the comments below!

xo
Andrea




SHARE:

3 comments

  1. It's good to go for shopping sometimes, when we feel tired of the things we have! But recycling is also good, so I am like this now - indecisive :) Anyway, I love this color block dress, and the accessories! The necklace is so cool! I really loved it! The sandals too, and so I think that being nearly 27 - oh, com'on :) no gasp, you are young and beautiful! - shows that your style evolves to a more business, polished look, and it is part of growing :) But still looking very young! Just don't do like a friend who wears business outfits and it ages her in around 7 years. And she is not a business woman, by the way :) You look great and I hope your day at the campus is good, and with bf and friends too! Kisses, dear Andrea!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you accessorized this look! Such a gorgeous necklace!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do a closet clean out each season also. My style has evolved also. So good for you!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig