Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Conferencing it up - Poster Presentation Outfit

Hey loves!
Hello from San Diego! 
It is officially conference time at the ASBMB meeting, and yesterday I presented my poster and talked some science! I have been attending various talks and workshops all weekend, and it has been a really great experience thus far! I have been on the go since Friday, and my plans were to blog each day, but after a long day at the conference center listening to talks, I get back to the hotel and collapse on my bed! I have been chronicling my day to day outfits on my instagram (go follow me there, @phd_fashionista, to keep up to date), but I thought I would actually write a post about my outfit for the poster presentation today! 
I wore this pretty patterned top/blouse that I got from Express, and I paired it with black dress pants I also bought from Express, called the Editor, I really like the flattering cut of the pants! I tried on a pair of their ankle dress pants and with my body/legs, they actually made me look even shorter! So a bootcut pant is definitely my friend! 
I paired the outfit with the same comfy Nine West heels that I have worn in other outfits (and to be honest they have been worn into the ground, time for a new pair soon!), and some simple accessories. My necklace was a birthday gift from a great friend, Dina from Leafandcrown.com, she hand laser cut the necklace as a part of her new zodiac collection! How cool is that?! my friends are so talented! And I also used my black tote bag from Zara, I love how chic it looks and it is big enough to fit a lot of my things! 
I'm a huge fan of wall art, so when I saw this wall I had to take a photo in front of it!


Top and Pants: Express | Shoes: Nine West | Necklace: Leaf and Crown | Bracelet: Charlotte Russe | Bag: Zara

My poster presentation went well, got some good feedback, and tonight I am hosting/cochair-ing a Student-led symposium that I organized, finally months of hard work is coming to fruition! I planned a session of 10 speakers, 2 main faculty speakers and 7 selected student talks, and I will finally see it in action! Super excited for that!

Anyway, I'm glad this has been a productive meeting, I will be posting more outfits soon, hope you are having a wonderful week!

xo

Andrea

PS. will announce the winner of the giveaway at the next post! sorry for the delay, I haven't had time to sift thru the entries!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Hello, dear Andrea, I missed your posts so much! I'm back after some time "on the road", and now I am more settled, it's soooo good to read your blog again! I am so amazed and proud of you, the poster went well, and you were the hostess and organizer of a symposium, well done!!!! I loved your outfit, it is so beautiful and professional, you look amazing! I loved the top and the necklace (so sweet!) and also the lovely pants - you are right, that is a great cut and it is flattering, want one too! The shoes and bag are a great complement, and as I said, you really look totally beautiful and professional! Wishing you a nice Sunday!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous AND professional ;) Such a great outfit and I absolutely love your necklace!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! ♥ I couldn't have think of a better outfit for the occasion! I really admire how you can stay so busy and do what you do and still looks so fabulous! congrats on you're presentation :) ow! and I've been loving you insta feed btw :)

    Have a great week!
    x Josune @ Your Beauty Script

    http://yourbeautyscript.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig