Saturday, March 16, 2013

Healthy goals!

So today marks the start of week 10 of my 12 week workout challenge I set up for myself. I just completed 9 weeks of working out 5 days a week, 2 days rest! It is amazing how you can start good habits! It started out only as a 6 week thing I wanted to do for myself, but since it became a habit, I decided to continue it for another 6 weeks. What I do is I log the workouts I do every day, it just makes it easier! Just writing it out on a piece of paper really helps! And knowing that if I don't work out today I will have to write "Rest day" on it, makes me work out so I can take another day off. :) I also started "eating clean," or more simply, eating healthy. I allow one "cheat" meal a week, so I can still indulge in unhealthy stuff every once in a while! I started packing my own lunches, making chicken for extra protein and veggies!! Healthy snacks with protein and fiber that will fill you up and avoid junk food! When I go grocery shopping I try not to buy chocolate or other unhealthy stuff; if its not available to you, you won't eat it! :D I've been trying to eat healthier for the last 2 weeks and I feel so much better, and I can tell it is helping my body out. I want my abs to come in, but no amount of ab exercises will do that.... abs are made in the kitchen, i.e. eat healthy and decrease body fat percentage! Sorry to go on my healthy exercise rant, but I wanted to write a post about it. Anyway, I received my new Nike Free TR III running sneakers in the post yesterday!! They are so cute! They are good for working out and running, minimal support so you can feel your lunges and squats better! I might still need support for running because of my knee, but I have another pair of sneakers I can wear for that. And they are so cute! And really comfortable! I love them! I can't wait to work out in them!



I also ordered those Sketchers shoes I mentioned in the last post, the sneakers with the hidden heel! They are so comfortable! I wore them to work yesterday and for someone who is on her feet all day, my feet did not hurt at all! I would definitely recommend these shoes!


And lastly, new workout gear is always fun! On the left are my new GapFit Capri workout pants, I just LOVE them, and they fit amazingly. I posted about them in a previous post. And on the right is me just flexing. haha, my arms are getting stronger! I love it!


Anyway, I have a review to write for my next post about the Ipsy March GlamBag, coming soon!

xoxo Andrea

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig