Monday, October 13, 2014

Skirt and Leggings! Happy Monday!

Happy Monday!
Today I rolled out of bed, super sleepy and not wanting to go to work after a nice relaxing weekend! What to wear, what to wear? I had a package for this skirt/legging combo I recently bought, so I decided it was the perfect thing to wear, since I wasn't really feeling pants today (lol). I love wearing leggings because they're so comfortable, but I always need to find a long shirt to wear over because some of mine are see through. These skirt/leggings are perfect, from Bottom's Up! that I found and ordered on Groupon! Such a good deal! Paired with a bright pink top from American Eagle and some heels from Nine West, such a cute outfit! Of course I wouldn't wear these heels in the lab, but I switched into some cute flats and I biked to work in this outfit! Cute, stylish and versatile!

I also painted my nails a few days ago. I tend to not paint my nails recently because they chip so fast with how often I switch gloves at work. I would LOVE to get a gel manicure at the nail salon, which I have gotten in the past, but it gets expensive at $25+ here in LA. I was at CVS the other day, and I came across this Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nailpolish! It's basically a gel polish with no light needed! You just paint your nails with two coats of the base (I have two colors so far, Piggy and Dig Fig, my fav is Piggy, so bright!), and then let them air dry. And once they are dry, just add a layer of the Top coat, and let natural light do its business! I love the look, it matches my outfit, and it has withstood lots of hand washing and glove changing! Perfect for someone working in a lab or another job where gloves are common and a lot of hand washing! Regular nailpolish doesn't even last a day for me without getting a chip, and this has already lasted 3 days! The brand promises 14 days no chip, but I don't believe that for my kind of job. It would probably last 14 days if I didn't have to change gloves so frequently!




Leggings/Skirt: Bottom's Up  | Top: American Eagle | Shoes: Nine West | Necklace: Charlotte Russe | Nail Polish: Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

What do you think about this outfit and the nail polish? Have you tried the polish before?

xo - Andrea



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That nail polish is so so pretty! Love this slightly salmon-y pink color!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  2. A slight snag, one too many washings, or simply playing around at the playground can really make all the difference in how long your leggings will be around. Or, when you buy a pair of leggings, they don't quite fit over the diaper, or sag in all the wrong places. Thankfully, there are moms who have worked in the fashion industry - just regular moms, like yourself, but they were trained and have worked around fashion - who have turned their keen eye to baby clothes. shirts for leggings

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig