Monday, April 20, 2015

Sunny days and Stress free weekend!

Hello everyone!
Happy Monday! I am back with an outfit post, something that I was able to put together rather quickly based on some new finds from this weekend!
I was very stressed out the last couple of weeks because I was preparing a manuscript/paper for publication, and we finally submitted it on Friday to the journal! I was so happy and excited, and it literally felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders! I had some recurring headaches due to stress and now they are gone! It is a relief.
On Saturday I went to a sidewalk sale in Santa Monica, where a store was selling lightly used clothing, shoes, jewelry, etc. for $1, and all of the proceeds went to charity! I bought three pairs of shoes (which I will showcase in some outfits soon!), and some dresses and tops! I bought this really cute button up top from Express, which I am wearing here, and the material is just so soft. The color was a little blah/beige but from how I styled it, it really looks good!
On Sunday, I needed to get out of the house and have a change of scenery. I went to the Getty Villa Museum with the boyfriend, and it was beautiful! It sits on the Pacific Coast Highway, with amazing views of the ocean, and the gardens are just so beautiful. I have been wanting to go for a while now. There is one garden where there is a large pool of water with lots of pretty trees and flowers around it, but the water was drained due to the horrible California drought we are having. But it was still beautiful, nonetheless, and I am happy that the museum is making efforts to conserve water during this tough time!


I am actually wearing this outfit to lab today, even though I wore it yesterday as well (hey, who says you can't wear the same thing twice?!), and instead of the black shorts and sandals, I am wearing dark jeans and sneakers (running around all day, decided to opt for comfort over style in the shoe department). I originally was going to wear the new heels I bought from the sale that matched great with this outfit, but were were going to be walking around the museum and I really didn't feel like wearing heels... especially since my legs were super sore from starting to work out again!
Some super pretty flowers and lily pads for your viewing pleasure! Loved how pretty it was!

Top: White tank top, Forever 21 | Button Shirt: Express | Shorts: Old | Sandals: Charlotte Russe | Necklace: Charlotte Russe | Bracelets: Gift

The outfit was very versatile and easy, a plain white tank top layered underneath the brown/beige button top was a great match, accented with some white and gold jewelry - I loved this look and hope you do too!

Let me know of any amazing sales you have gone to recently, or if you have put together any simple yet chic outfits !

Have a great week,

xo
Andrea

SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Hi! I love the sandals and necklace, the overall outfit looks great on you beautifull!

    x Josune, Your Beauty Script ❤

    http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit and your photos. The scenery at the Villa is so beautiful. Hope you get a break now that your paper is submitted.
    XO
    www.practicallyfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! Especially your sandals! Beautiful as always Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Andrea on the manuscript publication! I think that is so awesome. I can imagine the pressure. When you write something, it is a reflection of you. It represents you. But that shows that you CARE about your work. So I applaud you! What a great cause and sale! It's a win win for everyone. Love your outfit. I'm crushin on your sandals and necklace!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing location, I love your necklace
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing that you were able to finally submit it! Seems like this is such a busy time for everyone! Loving your outfit and those sandals are incredible! Hope you are a bit less stressed!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice outfit. Love the necklace. xx
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, submitting the manuscript/paper for publication, that's great, congratulations! Also, sales that go to charity, at $1? Amazing! Looking forward to seeing the shoes! This museum looks great, the pool, the flowers, the architecture, the whole atmosphere, one can feel through the pictures! You look lovely as usual, so beautiful with the nice sandals (you did it right, museum and high heels don't match :) and the nice necklace - and also,, the shirt (I called shirt) in brown/beige/kind of khaki, I liked very much!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely pics! I, too, have been somewhat stressed with huge deadlines and staff shortages at work. So very glad the stress is now behind you! What a great sale, Andrea! I came across a thrift shop in Virginia a few weeks ago and got several pieces that I adore. The proceeds all went to charity, which was fab, too. T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look absolutely chic in this effortless look! Perfect look for summers :)

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great weekend
    Lovely photos
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a lovely weekend :) I adore thrift shopping- who doesnt love a good $1 dress? This outfit is lush- I love your sandals

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. You’re such a stunner! I love this entire look! So gorgeous, as always!!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.whatwouldvwear.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice psot andbeautiful place ;)
    Kiss

    http://inspirationswithm.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Andrea! euxaristo gia to comment sou!! i am happy to meet another cyptiot blogger!! I love this Summery look and i cannot wait to start wearing my Summer clothes again!

    the necklace is really cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig