Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Sunny days are back! Twist and Turn Open back top take 2!

Hello!
I have had such a busy weekend, with another on campus symposium where I presented my research again with a poster and then 12 hours of talks on Saturday! It was awesome but rather tiring! It's nice to be busy but I also enjoy having a few hours to relax. This past week it was very cloudy and gray, which is unusually for LA. But, alas, the sun is back!
Today I am sharing with you another look I created using the Twist and Turn Open Back top by Leaf and Crown that I posted about a few weeks ago! Check out the original post HERE! I wanted a more casual, chill look, so I went with a maxi skirt. Little secret - this is actually a dress that I just rolled the top part down to my waist so it would act as a skirt! I got this skirt/dress from when I went to Hawaii back in September from a local store.  I loved the mint green color contrast with the black pattern, particularly matched with the black top!  I also wore these sandals that I have worn before, that I also got from a local store in Waikiki.

The top detail in the back again I love, and it perfectly hides my bra straps in the back! Super easy to wear and style! You can find/shop for this top on the Leaf and Crown Etsy store (https://www.etsy.com/shop/leafandcrown), and it comes in a variety of colors! I particularly loved the black top but I also loved the top in purple or red!



Top: Leaf and Crown | Skirt: Maxi Dress, Hawaii Local Store | Shoes: Hawaii Local Store | Bracelets: Gift | Necklace: Swarovski

I love making new outfits with the same pieces, as a grad student I don't have a lot of money to spend on clothing (although I always end up spending a lot on clothes anyways!). I have worn both of these pieces with different outfits, and they match perfectly together! This casual outfit is great for a casual night hanging out with friends or even brunch with some friends! 

Photos taken by Dina Arrieta herself! :)

Do you have a lot of pieces that you can rewear with other outfits? What do you think about this outfit with a different look? Let me know in the comments below!

xo
Andrea

Check out my original post with this top HERE!




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I loved the outfit, it looks amazing - the colors, the style, I love maxi skirts and especially this color with the nice print, very sweet! Wow, another round for the symposium, you need to relax this weekend! I normally don't have clothes that I can use in different ways, but I remember once I had a skirt that could be worn as a top, too. I just don't know where it is now (I moved countries and I have loads of unopened boxes, still!) You look very beautiful and Dina is a great photographer!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top is so versatile! Looks great with that skirt also. It can be worn with short & long skirts. Pants. Fabulous look.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice top and skirt sweetie :)
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig