Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Geometric Prints and Summer in LA!

Hello loves,
Summer has officially arrived in LA (along with the official June gloom weather), but there are days in between where the sun is shining and it hits 90 degrees! Amazing beach weather, but alas, being a grad student, I am stuck in the lab while I see facebook posts about friends being poolside or at the beach! It's ok, there are some nice weather days on the weekends where I am trying to not be at work and enjoying a nice dose of Vitamin D (with some sun protection of course!)
Here is an outfit I wore out with some friends to enjoy the day! I wore this cute geometric print romper from Kaitlyn Clothing, a small boutique here in LA near UCLA, and I haven't worn it out yet, until now. And I am showing my LEGS! something that is rare nowadays because of how much I wear pants and leggings in the lab! I am a little insecure about my legs, but pairing this romper with these chunky heels, I think the look pulls together well! When I first bought the romper I didn't think it was the most flattering thing but I think it looks ok!
What do you think?


Romper: Kaitlyn Clothing | Purse: Forever 21 | Accessories: Gift and H&M |

I got these heels from a thrift store for 1 dollar during a big thrift store sale, and unfortunately I don't remember the shoe brand, but I really love the chunkier heel for this summer, rather than the stiletto heel! 
What shoe trend do you like this summer? Let me know in the comments below!

xo
Andrea


Amazing photos by my friend Samira from Stylemesamira.com!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. You look adorable, Andrea! Love the romper; such a nice shade of blue! I can identify with you as I'm often stuck in the office when I see FB photos of friends enjoying their time outdoors. Sigh... T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, SO cute!
    Sending you much love!!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute romper!! Im heading to LA this weekend and can't wait!!

    www.tusksandtails.com
    @favro

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi darling, very beautiful playsuit
    I wish you an happy day
    see my new look
    fashion blogger Pamela Soluri

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really cute romper. Love the color and print. That bag is gorgeous.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. No way, $1? What for an amazing purchase, the heels are super cute! And the romper with geometric print too, dear Andrea! Such a lovely boutique and you look so sweet and so fabulous! I am sure the day with your friends was nice and I loved the pictures! I liked the colors, white and blue, very summery! Kisses!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that romper! Such a cute and fun print, and it looks so great on you! Those heels are also totally amazing. Great post!
    xo Kiki
    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an amazing look, hun! Totally swoon worthy!
    XOXO, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. How are you Andrea! You have nothing to be insecure about, you are beautiful, both inside and outside and I love how that cute romper looks on you. The heels are just amazing and I can't believe you got them for just $1.00!!!! You are so lucky!!! I hear that you are busy with school this summer but hang in there because eventually all your hard work and dedication will pay off and I have no doubts you are going to achieve amazing things in life. Take care and have an amazing rest of the week! Sending you lots of blessings! XOXO, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the playsuit, the print is so tempting.
    New Post on my blog, do drop by soon ,<3
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook



    ReplyDelete
  11. love the outfit :)
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice outfit :) On my French blog: "how to straighten your hair and eat Strawberries Tagada at the same time"

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg I LOVE how you paired this fun, summer look with neutral heels and this cute leather bag! I've been wanting to try geometric patterns lately but hadn't been able to figure out the accessories until seeing this post. :D

    - Amanda @ http://academiquechic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. The neutral shoes make your legs look so long and the length of this outfit is perfect to show off your awesome legs! So shocked they are an insecurity for you. And lucky they're not pale from so many indoor days in the lab ;-) I know when I was in law school I would get blinding white and need a spray tan to look alive :-D

    http://www.apreponderanceoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig