Friday, June 5, 2015

Hawaiian Luau Inspired Makeup Tutorial - Vice 3 Palette

Happy Friday loves! TGIF! 
I'm glad its the weekend! Even though I feel like I didn't get much done experiment wise, I still feel exhausted, from running around doing things I needed, and finished a final presentation for a class I was taking. Today I helped plan a End of Year party for the graduate students in our department that is Luau themed! I love anything Hawaiian themed, and it brought me back to last year when I went to Waikiki to visit my cousin! I bought the decorations and leis and I am really excited to start setting up in a few hours!
Here is a makeup look inspired by the colorful hawaiian vibes! I used my Vice 3 Palette (seriously, the makeup looks and combinations are endless!), and the colors are so vibrant, I love how it came out. I still haven't mastered the great photography techniques other makeup bloggers have mastered, but I am trying!



The Tutorial:


1. First I primed my lid with a eyeshadow primer, I always use the Urban Decay Primer Potion, to make sure my makeup lasts the entire day.
2. I then applied (1) Bobby Dazzle to the inner corner of my lid.
3. I then dabbed (2) Dragon a little over the white color, and tried to blend it.
4. Next, I added (3) Sonic, trying to blend it slightly with the green. 
5. I then dabbed some (4) Vanity to the next part of my lid, trying to keep it light and blend with (3) Sonic.
6. I finally dipped my brush in (5) Bondage and applied it to the outer corner, working it in a "C" motion, trying to apply some into the crease to create a transition and I used the fatter side of the brush to blend it so there were no harsh lines.
7. I then applied some (2) Dragon to the lower lash line for a pop of color - you can't really see this in the photo but I promise it is there!
8. I then lined my upper and lower lids as close to the lashline as possible with liquid liner, and winged it out. Check out a previous post for a tutorial on my cat eye!  I use my favorite Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid liner!
9. I also did a mini lower wing, that I have been recently obsessed with!
10. I then finally rimmed my lower lid with some black eye liner - any one would work, but I use a Covergirl Black Eye liner pencil.
11. And last but not least, I added some mascara to my lashes - I used the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara - love this mascara!

And the numbered photo for placement:

What do you think about this fun look for a party? I am wearing it to work before the party, which adds a little fun to my work day!

Let me know in the comments below if you know of any other palettes with such vibrant shades of eye shadow! I really want to get another palette!

PS. Did you hear about the new Urban Decay Naked Shadows Palette?? It is released July 8 and I WANT IT!!! But there will probably be a wait list/back order, so I might just wait for it for Christmas!

Have a great weekend!

xo
Andrea

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. You makeup looks just amazing, I swear I will try it tomorrow! I loved the Luau theme party for the end of the year, it will be great fun, for sure! I also like the fact that you finished preparing the presentation, congratulations! I hope you get your Urban decay palette, it's really so coveted! I am crossing my fingers to you!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute look and thank you so much for your support!! I deeply appreciate it ;)
    My Lyfe ; My Story
    @MyLyfeMyStory
    @MyLyfeMyStoryBlog

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a beautiful look!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this beautiful eye makeup, you made it looks so easy. Stunning! Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This is amazing! Thanks for this tutorial. It looks so eccentric. Love it!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I hadn’t heard of this palet before, love the vibrant colors of it!! I understand how you can play around with it and creat endless combinations, I love the colors you put together, I’m lately also trying to incorporate some color in my eyeshadows :) ps: let me know if you got my mail I sent you

    x Josune, Your Beauty Script ❤

    http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun makeup! I think it is perfect for a Hawaiian theme! You blended the colors together so beautifully!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig