Friday, June 26, 2015

Sunny days and pretty prints - Summer lab wear in LA

Hello loves!
I am finally bringing you an outfit post, that I am actually wearing to work today! I shot this look a few weeks ago and never got around to posting it! I am in dire need of sleep, but my experiments leave me no mercy and I must go to lab tomorrow (its Saturday, sigh...).
But anyway, I am wearing this cute comfy outfit today since I have been wearing jeans and sneakers all week. Leggings are my favorite, although I do need a longer top to cover my bum, so this floral print floaty top is perfect! Super cute print that I have had in my closet for years now, and never fails to look great! Top is from Forever21, and leggings I believe I just got them from Ross, but you can find them anywhere - I usually get them from H&M and buy new ones when I get holes in them! Just plain black leggings. The accessories I love, because they are simple yet super cute, with gold accents! 

The bag I am wearing is a bag I basically got for free from Ifchic.com, Mod Top Handle Messenger bag, that is normally I think $129, but I got for free (just paid for shipping!) because I had enough "Ifchic" coins - check out their site for more details, I was not paid to write about this, but just wanted to share because you too can get free stuff! I recently ordered a $149 dress from there with my ifchic coins!!). This bag is really cute for work, and fits all of my essentials! I tend to carry a large tote bag that I fill with things and ends up being super heavy -- this bag I make sure to just bring what I need! Perfect for a light day!

This outfit is not only casual but lab appropriate, since legs are covered! I am just itching to wear shorts and sandals, which I can do to walk to work but the second I step into lab, must be covered up. This whole strict covered up business at UCLA sounds a little ridiculous, but I am thankful for being covered up when I spill something and it splashes - believe me it happens more often than you think! I'd rather not have chemicals on my bare skin! So I unfortunately can't wear these sandals/heels to work, but I can just change into cute ankle booties :)

It is just hard having to wear long pants every day, especially when the weather in LA screams summer; the last few days have been in the 80s/lower 90s! So nice! Just can't really enjoy it when I'm in lab 12 hrs a day :( But anywho, here is the full outfit, let me know what you think!
 
Top: Forever21 | Leggings: Ross/H&M | Bag: Ifchic.com | Sandals: Local | Earrings: Express | Bracelegs: Gift and Charlotte Russe

I forgot to mention, how cute are these little tassle bracelets I am wearing? Not sure how well you can see them (I didn't think to get a closeup of them), but they were super cute and super cheap from Charlotte Russe! I was inspired by the Yayoi collection from Boyajian Trend Gallery, so I found a cheaper (not as cute but still cute) alternative, and these are just too fun! 

This background really reminds me of Spanish influences, found right in the heart of Hollywood here in LA, and this just makes me excited for what is to come when I head to Barcelona next month! SooOoOooOoooo excited! Hope to bring you Conference outfit photos and other fun photos, especially after I head to Cyprus, I can bring you some beach fashions :)

Hope you have an amazing weekend, thanks for reading! 
Let me know what you think of this outfit in the comments below! 

xo
Andrea


Photos taken by my friend Emily from Hausofhounds.com!  :)






SHARE:

6 comments

  1. love it :)
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, you are going to Barcelona next month, amazing! I loved the outfit, "lab appropriate", I like it then - and would love to wear lab appropriate outfits! Cause I also like a "longer top to cover my bum", like you said, you know by now, I think - that I am always covered :) I like tassel bracelets very much and I think you look super beautiful and sweet! I really love your outfits! Hope you have a very nice weekend!
    DenisesPlanet,com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Andrea! I am not sure how you manage a busy school life with blogging and everything else. You are definitively amazing and admire very much. I remember my college years and barely had time to think about anything else. And totally agree with about wearing leggings. I love them for long trips or when I travel on a plane because they are super comfortable! Love them with flowy tops (like yours) and long shirts. The floral top you are wearing is super pretty and you look amazing. Good luck with school super smart and beautiful Andrea! XOXO, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit Andrea! You always have such great style. That top is gorgeous on you! I love the print and the colors are so uplifting. I bet lab work is tiring (and you're in research). I couldn't wait to get out of regular labs, let alone doing research. LOL You look great from head to toe!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colorful top, you are so cute. Have a great week pretty lady.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, you look gorgeous! Love this labwear post, I struggle so much with what to wear, especially footwear! I know what you mean about wanting to wear sandals but I once burned a hole through my winter boots with acid so we scientists definitely can't risk bare skin! Absolutely loving your style - I always wanted to try out labwear posts like this on my blog but I reckon I'd be rubbish at posing for photos, you do it so well!
    Sophie x
    www.thescientificbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig