Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Exp Bio Day 4 - #ExpBioFashion

Hi everyone!
Today's post comes to you with some awesome fashion from people who have been attending the conference! I met a lot of great, interesting people at various networking events, and while I felt a little shy to pop out my camera and ask to take photos of people's fabulous outfits, the topic of being a fashion blogger for the conference came up - and I got a lot of positive feed back! 
Being the only one at the conference from my lab and not knowing anyone else attending, I had throw myself out there and just meet others, start conversations, and have a good time. I met a lot of great students presenting their research, not only graduate students but also some undergraduates, in addition to professors and recruiters.
Each night of the conference there was some kind of networking event hosted by various committees, and I made sure to make an effort to attend as many as I could. Not only were there free drinks, but  some good food and company. Worst thing that can happen is I get bored and I can leave. I ended up staying the whole time to each event I went to and had a great time with the people I had met!

I was able to take photos from a couple of fashionable people I had the pleasure of meeting, and they were more than willing to let me take their photo! 


Deneshia, an MD/PhD student from Meharry Medical College - I loved Deneshia's outfit! It looked super comfortable and super stylish! The black and white stripes were really flattering and I loved the skater style of the dress with the tights! And I loved her statement necklace! If you have been following my blog lately, I am in love with statement necklaces so I had to get a close up photo of her necklace!

Shana, a PhD student from the University of South Carolina - I loved Shana's outfit, it was formal yet still casual enough for networking events!  I loved the color and leopard print of the dress, and the tights were a great touch! I totally forgot to bring tights to Boston, but they are a great way to wear a dress and keep warm! I also loved Shana's boots, I have a similar pair, they are the perfect heel height and matched the outfit well!

Stephanie, PhD student at Meharry Medical College - I loved Stephanie's look, with the gray dress pants and the lovely top with a belt and a blazer - It looked very cute and fashionable, while still formal enough to wear to a poster presentation or a talk, and then attend the events later in the evening! I brought a pair of gray dress pants that I didn't get a chance to wear, but I love the color! The blazer over the pretty top was a great touch and a way to keep warm in this Boston cold!!



Sanae, PhD student from Boston University School of Medicine - I was excited when I met Sanae and found out she writes a blog, Where the BlueBoots Go. BlueBoots is based in Boston, MA and shares photography, recipes, entertaining tips, DIY projects, style, and art (she designs and sells jewelry and paintings on her Etsy shop, inspireebys). I always love coming across fellow bloggers, do check out her blog! I loved Sanae's outfit, it was a perfect mix of casual yet still dressy enough for the talks! I adored the print of her blouse behind the pretty blue sweater! She wore a beautiful jacket over, since it was so cold in the convention center and in Boston in general. I really want to buy a similar jacket, although it might be a little too heavy to wear in LA. But it is perfect for the Boston cold! My favorite part of her outfit was her flats -- they looked super cute and super comfortable - I adored the ankle straps! So fashionable! I want a pair like those! I came to the conference and forgot to bring flats.... Her purse/bag also was very cute, looked very practical and cute - could fit a lot of conference essentials!



As a conference Tweeter, I was tweeting about #ExpBioFashion and here are some fellow tweeter's fashionable pieces, with some guys! I didn't get a chance to photograph any guys, but they did bring their fashion A-game to the table! Too bad I didn't get more photos!





Were you rocking any super cool fashions at the conference? Or any other conference/special event you have gone to? 
If so, send me a tweet at @phd_fashionista, #ExpBioFashion!

As always, there were so many fashionable people at the conference I didn't get a chance to meet or take photos of, but man, scientists know how to dress!

What was the best/worst/craziest outfit you have seen at a conference or formal event? Let me know in the comments below!


Andrea

SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I am OBSESSED with Deneisha's outfit! By far my fav as it is very fashion forward and fun! That dress is everything! Hope you are having fun out there...looking forward to the next blog post!

    XO SAMIRA
    www.stylemesamira.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool and instructive was that conference, amazing! The necklace on the Twitter is great and all the girls are very smiley and fashionable, they must be so nice! I really really loved the outfit of Deneshia, it's so flattering, with the cut and stripes - loved it!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! These ladies looked great and what a great way to network. It totally breaks the ice!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely post! Loved getting to see that their are other bloggers out there who are also students and blogging at the same time!

    G.J - A Personal Style, Beauty & Lifestyle blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great event
    Thanks for sharing
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea! I love that you blended science and fashion, it's such an interesting mix. I'm in the legal field, so unfortunately we can't go too crazy with our outfits. I often find that men wear funny socks to have some sort of creative outlet!

    xo, Dolce // http://www.mydailysweet.com/
    Leave me a comment; I'm always looking for new blogs to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the outfits. Thanks for stopping by & I am here for
    three years. Doing my uni here! :D



    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Networking events are great to meet other people and share. You never know how the day will end. It's so interesting.

    Jasmine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like something you loved!

    I invite you to visit my blog and foloow if you liked it! I can follow you back if you want...! ;)

    Regards! :)

    Enai's Soul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Andrea!! I am glad you stepped out of your comfort zone and asked those wonderful girls to show their looks and be on your blog. Not only are they are beautiful and very stylish but they are also super smart!!! Just like you!! I am glad you had a wonderful time Andrea and that you met many great people. Have a wonderful weekend sweet girl. XOXO, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Denesha's outfit (although they all look stunning) such a nice idea to feature these ladies looks too. Great post lovely :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it wonderful to meet like-minded people while attending a business or educational seminar? I love the fact these beautiful women were so open to being photographed and spotlighted. Lovely post, Andrea! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the feature! I really enjoyed meeting you and the blog is excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig