Thursday, March 12, 2015

Road Trip to Vegas, Pit stop fashion

Hello lovelies!
Today I bring you fashion from my recent road trip to Vegas for my birthday! The road trip from LA is a good 4 hour drive, if you don't stop at all...but being cramped into a car for 4 hours can sometimes be unbearable, so we had to stop a little more than half way in the middle of the desert, in Baker, CA. At this pitstop we got some snacks and drinks at the local gas station, and there was some interesting scenery. I busted out my camera and had my friend snap some photos of my outfit. 


We took a lot of cool photos in front of this "Do Not Enter" sign, and in front of the "Bun Boy Motel," but my camera was in full on manual mode and we didn't realize there was too much light hitting the camera sensor... SO...we got some washed out photos. They came out cool, but I really wish they weren't so over exposed! Here are just two of the photos I took that were over exposed. what do you think? 

Well anyway, back to my outfit. Here are some close ups of my jewelry, top, and shoes!
Dress: Maxi, Charlotte Russe | Top: Hollister | Booties: Express | Necklace: Botswana Necklace, Minu Jewels | Bag: Forever 21

For the road trip I wanted to be comfortable, especially since I would be in the car for 4 hours (it actually took us 5-6 hours with traffic and stops). I wore a black maxi dress I bought from Charlotte Russe last year. I wanted to be more casual, so I put this floral embroidered/lace like top from Hollister. It made the outfit so much more casual than wearing the Maxi Dress by itself! I topped it off with another one of my favorite necklaces, a new piece I received from Minu Jewels, the Botswana Necklace! I am in love with the stones and the gold chain pieces that hang! 

My hair was just casual and straight, half up with a clip, and minimal makeup. I just put some liquid liner on the top of my eyes, mainly because I wanted to keep my eyes ready to apply my makeup fresh for when we arrived in Vegas! We ended up going out to dinner at BurGR in Planet Hollywood, Gordon Ramsay's burger restaurant (AMAZING!), and I wore this outfit, after touching up my makeup and redoing my hair! 

What do you think about this outfit? Would you wear it for a road trip or is it more suitable for something else?

Let me know in the comments below!

xo
Andrea

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Love the lacey top over the dress!! Great idea, especially for transition from more casual to a more glam look for the evening! Thanks :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS SHOOT AND THOSE OVEREXPOSED PHOTOS! IT ADDED A FUN EFFECT! I AM OBSESSED WITH YOUR BOOTIES, THEY ARE SUPER CAHUTE!!!!

    XO SAMIRA

    www.stylemesamira.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your suede boots.
    So cool.
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Such a beautiful outfit, you were stylish and very chic even on a road trip of 5-6 hours - traffic can be horrible! Good that you stopped and took the pictures! I loved the skirt and the boots, plus the top and the necklace are so sweet! You look very beautiful! I would love to try Gordon's restaurant! It must be delicious!
    DenisesPlanet,com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your booties! I have been wanting a pair of taupe colored ones for sometime. Super cute.

    http://kelliemiyoko.blogspot.com

    x Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Andrea! I actually love wearing maxi skirts when I travel as it drives me nuts to have anything tight around my legs when I sit for too long. And maxi's are also great because you can move around, lift your legs, etc without showing too much:-) So yes, perfect outfit for traveling! I really hope you enjoyed your trip and had lots of fun. Loved the pictures and you always so pretty! xoxo, Jeannette
    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. stylish look!! love the boots!

    have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely pics! I adore the maxi dress styled as a maxi skirt! Aren't getaways fabulous--especially when they are b-day celebrations? :) Hugs on your week! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday, fellow Pisces!! Super cute outfit. I love the booties especially. I am impressed that you dressed so nicely for your car trip. I would be looking like a slob in yoga clothes :P

    http://HausOfHounds.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the outfit you've styled here hun, gorgeous boots and lace top :) Great post as always!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. so lovely dear! I love your boots! :)

    xx
    Rica | www.switbbydoll.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig