Monday, March 23, 2015

Makeup Monday - InstaNatural Dead Sea Mud Mask Review!

Happy Monday everyone!
Today I am bringing you a review for a recent product I received, the InstaNatural Dead Sea Mud Mask! I was excited to try this product because I have been having issues with my skin just being out of control, and I am preparing for the conference I am going to in Boston at the end of this week! During the special time of the month my face just goes crazy with acne! You would think being in my later 20s now that I would be over the acne stage... I guess not. I also have a bad habit of touching my face, especially when I am sitting at my desk at work, which I have been doing a lot of lately since I have been writing a manuscript. I did some research online and came across a variety of facial masks that claim to do well for your skin, but Insta Natural Dead Sea Mud Mask seemed to have the best reviews! 
It is supposed to be a holistic detoxifier and purifier, expected to give you radiant refined skin! I needed whatever help I could get without going to a dermatologist so I decided to check out this product! All of the other reviews seemed pretty positive, with only a couple of people having reactions to it. I was sent this product to review, and boy was I surprised when I received a full size 16 oz jar to try! 


The instructions say to put on a thin layer of the mud on your face, and let it sit/harden for 10-15 minutes. I was easily able to do the full 15 minutes, and the mask dried/hardened. Some people claim to get really itchy and have a reaction to the mud mask, but I think those are rare cases and people who have really sensitive skin. It felt like a normal facial mask. After the 10-15 minutes, the instructions say to rinse off with water in circular motions. It was easy to get off, but it took me a little bit longer  because I was being extra careful not to get any of it in my eyes. Afterwards, my skin felt really clean and soft! It was really nice! It also felt a little dry, so I applied my moisturizer on top after I patted my skin dry, and voila, it was a great way to cleanse my skin! 
Here's a photo of it on my face, Warning, I look really scary and have no makeup on.... 

Like a true grad student, wearing a chemical elements shirt, haha, so fashionable! Excuse my scary mud masked face!

Anyway, this was a great product, and I was glad I could try it! The instructions say to only use it once a week as it can really dry out your skin, so I won't be using it again until next week! I hope if I use it once a week I will see a good improvement in my skin and acne! I can let you all know of an update after a couple of uses!

My boyfriend was looking at the bottle and was telling me how he could have brought me some Dead Sea Mud from when he went to Jordan recently... haha! I wish! That would have been cool. I'm not exactly sure which part of the dead sea they took mud to make this product, but I would be interested in finding out where! It is one of my goals to travel to the dead sea and soak in the mud and super salty water!

Have you ever been to the Dead Sea? Have you tried a Dead Sea mud mask before? Or are there any other facial masks you recommend for oily/acne prone skin?

Let me know your suggestions in the comments below!

XO
Andrea


Disclaimer: I was given this product for an honest review! All opinions are 100% my own and not swayed in any way!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I never went to the Dead Sea but want it so much! And also, I never wore anything from there and now I want this mask! Great review and I like masks and dead sea products seem to be very good! I really likd this review! And leaving the skin soft, who doesn't want it!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heart great things about the Dead Sea mud masks but my skin doesn't react too well to mud masks unless it is a less drying version... but soaking in the mud wit salty water sounds fun haha ;) x Josune, Your Beauty Script

    http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dead sea products :)))
    I have dry skin, so I could use it only one a week :)

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. your boyfriend is too funny! hahaha glad it worked for you. it looks great! i have super dry and sensitive skin so i don't think it would work for me unfortunately :(
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this would be perfect for my oily skin!! :D thanks for the review!

    have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard amazing things about dead sea mud products but have never tried them myself. Definitely going to try some dead sea mud products now :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dead sea would be so amazing to visit. This mask sounds good, I also suffer from acne in my 20s and am still looking for miracle products

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great mask! I remember dealing with breakouts clear up into my 40's. Funny, they suddenly stopped and the wrinkles began. LOL! Hugs on your week! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see the mask work its magic more and more over time! I love dead sea anything and this mask is probably amazing! I have used NARS & Borgehse mud masks which are really good too! But this was a great review. Thanks for sharing!

    XO SAMIRA
    www.stylemesamira.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds amazing!! great post!!! I want to try it!!
    have a great day!!
    kisses from Spain
    100% natural & homemade cosmetics => http://sano-sanisimo.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  11. it looks like a great product for try.
    big kissesss

    Check it out my new post: http://www.honeyandcotton.org/una-borsa-ynot-e-la-qualita-del-made-in-italy/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this dead sea mud
    I really washes away your impurities
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig