Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Mini pleats and leather deets!

Hello loves! 
As you may know from my previous post, I was in Vegas for the weekend to celebrate my birthday! I tend to post on Mondays and Thursdays, but this outfit made me too excited to wait an extra day to post! :D 
We stayed at Treasure Island, which was cool, and we explored the Strip, ate a lot of great food, shopped, and had some nice drinks to celebrate!
It was rather chilly in Vegas, which is weird because I have only been to Vegas when it was SUPER hot in the summer... but I had packed appropriately and brought a jacket and some booties! 
Friday night we went out to dinner for my birthday at BurGR in Planet Hollywood and it was AMAZING. SO. MUCH. YUMMY. FOOD.
The next day, we walked around the Venetian (shown here), which is one of my favorite hotels. It is so beautiful and picturesque, lots of cool places to take photos!

I dressed in black and pink/purple, with some leather accents of a leather jacket and a leather tote! I loved the combination, and along with a new mini-pleated skirt I received for my birthday, I thought it was a great outfit! Furthermore, I was able to style my new Minu Jewels Arabic Tie necklace, which I am in LOVE with, and it matched my color scheme! The necklace has silver and gold accent in the center piece of the tie, which is perfect because I have both silver accents (on the zipper of my jacket) and gold accents (my leather tote!). It is ok to mix silver and gold if done correctly!!

This leather tote I bring to work all the time, it is big enough that it can fit my gym clothes, tupperware for my lunch, water bottle, makeup and other odds and ends! It doesn't look like it can fit much but believe me, I can fill that thing up! 

I also bought some cheap sunglasses from the gift shop because it was really sunny, and these sunglasses happened to have a pink/purple undertone/shade! I sadly broke my favorite Armani Exchange Cat Eye sunglasses.... so I am on the lookout for new designer shades but still don't have a lot of money to spend right now... maybe soon!
My lovely Minu Jewels Arabic Tie handmade necklace! It has silver and gold accents in the center piece, which set the tone of my outfit!

The mini pleated skirt had a laser cut design, which I loved! It was perfect and super cute! Here is a close up of the cut design and the mini pleats!
Top: Charlotte Russe | Jacket: Express | Skirt: Pink Woman | Accessories: Necklace: Minu Jewels Arabic Tie, Tote: Leather Zip Tote, Forever 21 | Shoes: Booties, Express | Sunglasses: Gift Shop


The Canals in the Venetian are so beautiful - it almost looks real! They have Gondolas that you can actually pay to go for a ride in (can kind of see in the background of this photo) -- I did the gondolas the first time I went to Vegas and it was so awesome! Perfect opportunity to take a photo!

What do you think about this outfit for a day out?

Let me know in the comments below! 

xo

Andrea


SHARE:

13 comments

  1. SUCH A CUTE LOOK! I LOVE THE FEMININE DETAILS OF THE SKIRT WITH THE HARDNESS OF THE LEATHER JACKET! AND YOU FINALLY GOT NEW SUNNIES, YAY!!! LOVE THEM! YOU LOOK AMAZING!

    XO SAMIRA

    WWW.STYLEMESAMIRA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit! When I went to Vegas I stayed at The Venetian and loved it. Great shops, gondola and gorgeous statues.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vegas for your birthday! Phew you're lucky! Must have been an absolute blast!! Sounds like it anyway! Yummy food - gah! Jelly!!! ;)

    Your skirt is gorgeous xxxxxxx

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great look! Loving the leather jacket especially :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello beautiful Andrea and happy belated Birthday to you!!!! I am glad you got to enjoy Vegas for your Birthday and based on what you shared I can tell you had lots of fun! I have been in Vegas a couple of times and I had a great time in both occasions. You look amazing in all the pictures and both, the necklace and the skirt are super cute. I love the booties too!!! I From the bottom of my heart Andrea I wish you the best now and forever just because you deserve it sweet girl. Keep moving forward, thinking big and never give up. The sky is your limit! Have a wonderful week! XOXO, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday, Andrea! It sounds like you had a wonderful celebration. You look so elegant and pretty! I adore that sweet laser-cut skirt and the leather jacket is TDF. Big hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated Birthday to you I love the mix of leather and the soft look of purple http://lachiquitamissi.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little skirt! Happy birthday to you, I hope you had a lovely birthday and a great time in Vegas! :)

    I like your outfit - the printed top and pleated skirt look nice together :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your are so lucky to go to Vegas for your Bday! happy birthday and that outfit looks great on you!! x Josune, Your Beauty Script

    http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the hem of the skirt, n the necklace too.
    New Post on my blog, do drop by soon ,<3
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love this outfit hun, especially that skirt... so gorgeous :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that skirt! :) SO pretty!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig