Friday, March 27, 2015

Jil Sander Navy Event in Beverly Hills Recap and Style Inspiration!

Hello lovelies!

In last week's post I talked about a fashion event I went to as a part of LA Fashion Week with a fellow  style blogger at the Jil Sander Navy boutique store in Beverly Hills. I was excited to be a part of this event, and it was a really great experience. The boutique had several models standing in the middle of the store wearing various pieces of the Spring/Summer '15 collection for Jil Sander Navy.

For those of you who haven't heard of Jil Sander, Jil Sander is a minimalist German fashion designer that has been around for a while, and the pieces in their collection are always simple yet super chic and edgy! Granted, the pieces in the Jil Sander collection are rather expensive, and they recently launched the Jil Sander Navy brand, with a supposed more affordable collection while still preserving the minimalist feel of the original brand.
Granted, even with this being a more "affordable" line, the pieces still range between 150-1000... which, on my poor graduate student budget, is impossible.
BUT! That didn't stop me from getting inspiration for outfits and attempt to find similar pieces at a more affordable price, from say, Forever 21 or other cheaper stores.

Here are some photos from the event! We started the night off with some champagne while the models stood and showed off the clothing, and we were able to peruse the store with the awesome collection!




I absolutely adored this simple navy blue dress with the orange/coral accent pockets! It was such a cute touch! I really loved the combination of navy and orange throughout the collection!

This crazy cat print was so cute! There were sweaters with this cool crazy cat print, and I fell in love! But the sweater was about $500. Way too much, but so adorable! There are other printed sweaters out there that you can find at a much more affordable price! 

I loved this dress! The navy and orange stripe geometric print was super pretty! I would totally wear this to a conference, a business meeting, or even a casual yet classy night out with friends! 
Geometric floral prints were AMAZING and scattered throughout the collection!
I fell in love with the handbags in the collection! They are all so simple and chic, but again, super expensive! I really fell in love with this small black bag, that looked like an envelope! It was adorable and I could totally see myself using it every day!


And here is a shot of me with my blogger gal pal Samira, from www.stylemesamira.com who invited me to go to the event with her! I had a blast!

Here are some "cheaper" pieces I found inspired by the Jil Sander Navy collection!


I definitely am going to incorporate more navy and orange pieces into my outfits in the coming season! Love it! I can totally see myself incorporating similar geometric prints and colors in my outfits to wear to lab!

What are you thinking of wearing this coming spring? Do you have any special inspiration?
Let me know in the comments below!

XO 
Andrea
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. What amazing shots you took of the collection and the event! I had so much fun! I wanted everything in that store...maybe one day! :)

    I love that combo navy and orange as well! I also love cognac and navy, so clean! You gotta try it! Till the next fashion adventure...

    XO SAMIRA

    www.stylemesamira.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing event
    I love the collection too
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Navy and orange is beautiful together. Will look lovely on you. I need to incorporate those colors in my wardrobe also. Very nice function.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This event looks amazing! I am loving the orange and blue combo- totally craving it now :)

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must have been such a beautiful event! I know Jil Sander is minimalist, and somehow I like the style with black and then some touch of color - very hood, indeed! I loved the bags then - they are colorful :) And you look very beautiful as usual, in the event picture!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise :) !! Veni a chequear este blog y te vi y tenia que decirte hola jajaja..
      besitos

      Delete
  6. That is so great that you could attend this event. I like the clean lines and simple cuts, but you are right about the price which is still pricey for most of us. I really like the similar choices you found, you did a great job!
    Have a great weekend,
    - Elsey

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig